menu close
in this section

Learning Support

We can offer support to any student who wants to get some advice on a range of topics such as revision techniques, essay writing or improving handwriting skills. This is not an exhaustive list! Students can pop in themselves, or may be referred to us by teachers, tutors or parents. 

We also offer individual tuition which is rechargeable. This tuition takes place at a time of the week to suit the needs of the student at any particular stage of their academic career at Trent, and can last for a term or several years, depending on the individual needs of the student. Tuition is provided by one of our three specialist teachers and lessons are designed to be multisensory and above all fun!

We carry out a screening programme for all new students to the school, so that we can quickly identify if any form of additional support would benefit a student. We also ensure that subject teachers and tutors are fully informed about the needs of individual students, both inside and outside the classroom. We put all exam access arrangements in place, wherever this is appropriate.

The Learning Support Department keeps in close contact with parents through telephone calls and emails. Reports are written for pupils who have individual tuition and the Head of Learning Support attends Parents' Evenings. Individual appointments can also be made by parents at any time. We are very keen to ensure that there is a good working partnership between students, parents and the Learning Support Department.

in this section

get in contact

Trent College, Derby Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham,
NG10 4AD United Kingdom

PHONE: 0115 849 4949

contact us