menu close
in this section

Adventure training plays an important part in helping our young people develop self confidence, empathy with others and a positive attitude towards facing new challenges.

Here at Trent we are fortunate to have the Peak District on our doorstep and are blessed with a beautiful campus that enables a range of outdoor pursuits to be offered within the curriculum. Our High Ropes Course further enhances our enviable provision for Adventure Training.

Current students have opportunities to engage in the following activities:

• Rock Climbing
  • Mountain biking
  • Canoeing
  • Kayaking
  • Orienteering
  • Slack Lining
  • Problem Solving
  • High Ropes
  • Sub Aqua
  • Circus Skills

Senior School

Years 9-11

As pupils mature and develop within school, their opportunity to exercise choice increases and for some this means greater involvement in Adventure Training. Year 9 pupils have opportunities to become involved in expeditions, which have a strong tradition at Trent, with recent trips to Morocco, Turkey, and Iceland. Year 10 pupils access Duke of Edinburgh Awards through the CCF, who also place considerable emphasis on the importance of Adventure Training.

Games sessions offer those involved the opportunity to achieve various competency awards such as the National Indoor Climbing Accreditation Scheme (NICAS) and UKCC Star awards in Canoeing and Kayaking. This is a chance to develop a skill base that enables older pupils to operate with confidence and competence during their Sixth Form, as well as passing on skills to those in younger age groups.

Sixth Form

Years 12 & 13

In the Sixth Form there are a wide range of opportunities for students, including regular Major Expeditions, usually of a month's duration involving mountaineering and water based activities. These normally take place in the Summer holidays. Recent locations have included South America, Norway, Mongolia and a trip to East Greenland for 15 members of Year 12. The annual Ski and Snowboarding trip is always popular and well subscribed.

Those students who pursue Adventure Training through our Games programme spend two afternoons per week developing their skills and completing training for various NGB awards in climbing, Canoe, Kayak and mountain biking disciplines.

in this section

get in contact

Trent College, Derby Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham,
NG10 4AD United Kingdom

PHONE: 0115 849 4949

contact us