menu close
in this section

Trent Leadership provides real experience of leadership for students from Year 7 upwards - all Trent pupils receive leadership training and education which has many benefits to confidence and personal development.

Year 13 students take all of the sessions for Years 7-9 and Year 12, under the supportive eye of experienced members of staff with a particular interest and enthusiasm in leadership issues. Year 13 students plan, develop, deliver and evaluate weekly training sessions.

Ethos

Trent Leadership thrives on the dynamism, hard work and enjoyment of those involved. Leadership takes as its core framework the following skills and experiences highlighted by employers' organisations and universities, and then delivers the lessons through a series of innovative, student designed lessons and training times:

• Team work and working together
  • Individual responsibility
  • Problem solving
  • Written, verbal and visual communication forms
  • Confidence
  • Presentations
  • Initiative
  • Innovation

Leadership in the Main School

In Years 7-9, Leadership forms part of the extra-curricular programme whilst in Year 11 pupils can opt into Trent Leadership. It is at this point that students follow the Sports Leadership Award which qualifies students to run a sporting activity under the supervision of an adult.

Leadership in the Sixth Form

After the formal training in Year 11, students can opt to carry on Leadership into the Sixth Form and put the skills they have learnt into practice. The Year 12s will now be on the way to becoming the leaders of the future. They will develop the skills they have learnt by supporting our onsite Junior School, The Elms, in the delivery of part of their PSHE programme. Towards the end of Lent term, they will take over the senior role from the current Year 13.

in this section

get in contact

Trent College, Derby Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham,
NG10 4AD United Kingdom

PHONE: 0115 849 4949

contact us