menu close
in this section

The Sixth Form Curriculum at Trent is designed to equip students with the academic portfolio, as well as the transferable skills, which will lead them to successful, fulfilling lives and careers beyond school.

Students are encouraged to be outward-looking and forward-focused; self-motivated, intellectually curious and independent; ready to grow and unafraid of taking risks. 

Options

A Level study is central to the academic portfolio of a Trent Sixth Form education, with a broad range of subjects available. A Levels still form the basis of the majority of university offers, and are the "hard currency" understood by many universities and employers. We have also introduced a BTEC qualification in Sports Science, which allows students a wider range of options and pathways.

Most students begin by taking three subjects in Year 12, or a BTEC and two subjects, and continue with these into Year 13. Those on the BTEC programme have a wide range of possibilities within that qualification framework and in combination with one or two A Levels.

We believe that we have the broad and flexible range of options available to allow students to select a vibrant and personalised programme which will stretch and challenge them at this crucial stage of their education.

Extended Project Qualification

Students are also encouraged to undertake the Level 3 Extended Project Qualification, beginning in Year 12 and completed in Year 13. This is a research-based project on a topic chosen by the student themselves, and is highly valued by universities and employers alike. Completing the EPQ allows the student to demonstrate intellectual independence and genuine passion for a subject far beyond the constraints of the curriculum, as well as time-management, research methods, written and verbal communication and the ability to evaluate their own good practice.

in this section

get in contact

Trent College, Derby Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham,
NG10 4AD United Kingdom

PHONE: 0115 849 4949

contact us