menu close
in this section

Our senior students are the role models for the rest of the school community, bringing to it a quality and breadth and setting the all-inclusive, friendly and supportive atmosphere and tone which typifies Trent.

Students also gain from having real responsibility, with training, support and advice from staff. The skills required to lead a group of peers and younger students are transferrable to the real world of university and work, and are highly desirable acquisitions for any student preparing for life beyond school. Holding a position of responsibility is also an asset for personal statements and university applications.

Head of School

The Head of School is a true role model and figurehead, with many practical duties as well. He or she is responsible for organising the Prefect team, supporting the Prefects in their duties and dealing with all issues that arise. The Head of School also undertakes a wide variety of duties representing the school to parents and students (both prospective and current), governors and visitors from all walks of life and corners of the globe. There is also a close working relationship with the Head, and regular meetings with Senior Leadership. 

Heads of Houses

Every boarding house has a Head of House who assists the Housemaster or Housemistress in the happy and purposeful running of their house. The Heads of House lead the student body in each boarding house to ensure their views on school improvement matters are represented and followed up by school management.

Within the Sixth Form the Heads of the boarding houses also work together with the Head of Events and Head of Sixth Form Resources Centre, so the whole Sixth Form community is brought together. The Heads of Houses have a particular role in developing the Sixth Form as a community, as well as establishing a positive academic environment. Their role is also to suggest and help enforce the standards of individual and collective responsibility appropriate for our Sixth Form.  

School Prefects

Our School Prefects apply and are selected for one of a number of teams which, between them, shape and influence all aspects of school life: 

• The Campus Team: responsible for managing the lunch door and other supervisory duties
  • The Wortley Team: responsible for the development as well as every-day running of the Wortley, including events and the Ivy café.
  • The Boarding Team: four School Prefects, each responsible for their individual Boarding House
  • The Year 7 Team: responsible for the transition of students into Year 7 at Trent, and their happy progress through Year 7
  • The Enrichment Team: three individual roles responsible for the Academic Forum, Head of the Whole School Programme and Head of Leadership

in this section

get in contact

Trent College, Derby Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham,
NG10 4AD United Kingdom

PHONE: 0115 849 4949

contact us